Lecturer: Dr. Andreas Kugel
Dates and Location (LSF)
- Monday, 09:15 - 12:30 s.t.
- Start: October 14, 2019
- Heidelberg, INF 227 / HP 3.201
- Functionality of specialized FPGA building-blocks/IPs
- Requirements and specific properties of FPGA coprocessors
- FPGA coprocessing areas
- Design methodologies: HDL, graphical building-blocks (Vivado) and high-level synthesis
- Implementation of different FPGA coprocessing applications (I/O, image processing, computation)
- Practical work is based on a Xilinx Zynq-platform
- Lecture and tutorial will be manage via moodle. Enrollment key: (upon request)
- VHDL and FPGA experience, e.g. from "RES"
- Please note: this is an advanced course, not an introduction to FPGA