Lecturer: Dr. Andreas Kugel
Dates and Location (LSF)
- Monday, 9:00 - 12:30 s.t.
- Start: April 23th, 2018
- Heidelberg, INF 227 / HP 3.201
- Fundamentals of digital design
- Overview on hardware components: microcontrollers, peripherals, FPGAs
- FPGA design tools: HDL (incl. VHDL tutorial), simulator, debugger
- Architecure of microcontrollers - processor, bus and peripherals. Design of a simple but complete microcontroller system in VHDL
- Microcontroller design tools: assembler, C-compiler, debugger
- Requirements and specific properties of embedded systems
- Selection of following topics (depends on tools and time)
- HW/SW co-design
- Real-time issues and scheduling
- Embedded system software (bare-metal, real-time kernels)
- Practical work will be done on provided FPGA boards, BYOD possible.
- Lecture and tutorial will be manage via moodle. Enrollment key provded at first lecture
- Practical work requires installation of specific software on your Notebooks (native or VirtualBox image (up to 40GB)) for home use, please bring you notebooks right from the first session.