Lecturer: Dr. Andreas Kugel
Dates and Location (LSF)
- Monday, 9:00 - 12:30 s.t.
- Start: April 24th, 2017
- Heidelberg, INF 227 / HP 3.201
- Requirements and specific properties of embedded systems
- Overview on hardware components: microcontrollers, peripherals, FPGAs
- Real-time issues and scheduling
- FPGA design tools: HDL (incl. VHDL tutorial), simulator, debugger
- Microcontroller design tools: assembler, C-compiler, debugger
- HW/SW co-design
- Embedded system software (bare-metal, real-time kernels, Linux)
- Practical work is based on ATLYS FPGA platform (see below) or similar
- Lecture and tutorial will be manage via moodle. Enrollment key: (upon request)
- Required software will be distributed as VirtualBox image (60GB) for home use, please bring you notebooks right from the first session.